I think I caught the fever ...
I competed in my first triathlon since 2002 and I did surprisingly well! Granted, it was only a sprint distance tri, but I was happy to see some of my training pay off!
- 5th in age group(AG) of 21 competing
- 300 meter swim time - 7:44 (18th of 21)
- T1 (transition time between swim and bike) - 2:04 (9th of 21)
- 12 miles bike time - 37:09 (3rd of 21 at a 19.4 mph pace)
- T2 (transition time between bike and run) - 1:25 (9th of 21)
- 3 mile run time - 24:57 (4th of 21 at a 8:19 pace)
- 23/123 females
- 134/392 overall
So, I decided to start this blog to focus my training for the upcoming Longhorn Ironman 70.3 (half Ironman distance) in Austin, the Houston Marathon in January 2009 and perhaps the Florida Ironman in November 2009. Yikes. There, I said it. I am seriously considering doing the full Ironman next year. I have to decide by November 1 of this year, because the race sells out in mere hours. I am going to have to stalk the website to get in.
Anyone care to join me?