Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Gushing Pride of a Husband.....

Anne Moore, you are an Ironman!!!!! Let me say that again, ANNE MOORE, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!!!! I can’t really say that I am surprised; you told me years ago that you would like to try this some day. What I heard when you said that was; I WILL do that one day. I never had a doubt in my mind that you could or would do it; it was just a matter of time.

Baby, I can’t tell you how proud of you I am. You are the most driven person I have ever known. When you set your mind to something, you have this magical way of making it happen. It didn’t matter how many 4 and yes 3 o’clock mornings, rain or shine, you got your training hours in. I know I have complained some about the hours and tried to guilt trip you once or twice (wink, wink) but I will always be your biggest fan, bar none. I love that you make things happen, it is the one thing I admire most about you.

I think the most amazing thing about this whole endeavor is that neither I nor the boys have felt neglected the whole time. You have juggled your work, training, and home responsibilities flawlessly. And I have been bragging on you to anyone who will listen for the entire time.

So anyway, congratulations! You will never know how proud I am of you. You are the best at everything you do and I still can’t believe how lucky I am that you picked me. I love you so much, My Ironman.

--Douglas

5 comments:

Trishie said...

(so sweet, Douglas)

congrats IRONMAN!!!

tri_al said...

what a brilliant message, thanks for sharing. as a wife (without kids!) i am often juggling training etc. and know how difficult it is for husband that, for starters, he never ever sees me on sunday mornings. but he's so supportive, and reading your message really touched home. we couldn't do this without support, guaranteed, and as difficult as crossing the finish line may look to those on the sideline; it's not just us who have made sacrifices to be there.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

CONGRATS, IRONMAN!!!

KCWoodhead said...

I cried the first time I read this and am crying again rwadi g this the second time. How awesome. I too am in awe of Anne for being able to do it all. Wow.

Joel said...

Anne - congratulations on your Ironman! Looks like you had an AWESOME race!

It was cool to meet you on the bike; I think we had leapfrogged each other several times, and I wondered if you were "Iron Dreams Anne"...

Again, GREAT JOB! KUDOS! CONGRATS! You are an IRONMAN!