Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Just Keep Swimming" - Dory from Finding Nemo

I have been swimming like a fish and running like a Kenyan for the past couple of months and the results are starting to show! I am excited to see some major improvement in the water. On Friday I did a 1 hour postal swim where my coach timed me in the water for a 1 hour straight swim to see how far I could go. She also marked my time every 50 yards so I could see my time splits.

I ended up swimming 3100 yards in 60:24.3, with an average 50 split of 00:58.5 and an average 100 split of 1:56.9. As a comparison, my first sprint triathlon last July I swam 300 yards in 7:55, which is an average pace of 2:34 per 100, and that was only for 300 yards!

By the way, the post title references my mantra in the water from the hour long swim - I was channeling Dory from Finding Nemo!

No comments: