For the first time since I have been tracking, year over year, my numbers were slightly down for the month, but with good taper and recovery weeks in the monthly totals for an April "A" race, I am not surprised.
April in Numbers
Swim: 18,912 yards in 7:32
Bike: 331.5 miles in 19:13
Run: 83.93 miles in 12:28
Total Time: 40:43
I committed to myself at the beginning of the year to revisit my goals once a month to see what sort of progress I have been making (or not as the case may be!) ...
1. Photography – April was a pretty good month behind the camera. Between bluebonnet photos and taking pictures every week at Andrew's t-ball games, I have been enjoying using my creative side.
2. Nutrition – I focused on recovery this month using Ultragen and it is really working for me. If you are not using some sort of recovery drink directly after hard efforts, I highly recommend giving it a try. You will be amazed how quickly your body can recover if you let it. I still need an easy to make, healthy new dinner recipe - any suggestions?
3. Strength Training – Strength training was spotty in April, but I am happy to report this will look better in May (cheating because I know the first half of May results!)
4. Swim Technique – I have been working on my turnover and finishing my stroke through to my hip. If you have a swim tip you think is helpful, I would love to hear it!
5. Fun goals – I PR’d the HIM! Woot! :)