Monday, September 6, 2010

6 days to 140.6 and August Report

With less than 1 week until Cedar Point I am anxious ... but not about the race (yet).

I am anxious because I have never flown to a race with my bike and all of my training and racing crap. Packing is going to be a nightmare. I have not even thought about packing lists yet. Work has been super busy and I have been too focused on enjoying the taper to worry about things like packing. I am not one to obsess during the taper about things like weather (low 65, high 75, chance of rain, by the way) or to question if I have done enough or if I should I be doing more.

I know that I am ready to race and once we have arrived in Cedar Point, my bike is reassembled, I have gotten the lay of the land, and of course, hooked up with Team Trakkers, I know that I will settle into my groove. I am sure there will be nerves, but I think that has more to do with expectations.

Speaking of expectations, I haven't shared mine yet.

My answer is going to be lame, but my goal is to execute my race just like I have executed my training. If I do that, I know that I will have a great race.

This is what the month leading up to the race looked like, including 2 weeks of taper:

August in Numbers
Swim: 21,015 yards in 8:17
Bike: 697.36 miles in 38:21 -- biggest bike month ever!
Run: 92.75 miles in 15:15
Other: 0:15
Total Time: 62:08

For those of you racing or spectating in Cedar Point, make sure to say hello! Good luck to everyone, including those racing IMWI the same day. Happy and safe travels!

9 comments:

Aimee said...

How exciting! You are going to do awesome! :)

Unknown said...

Nice Numbers!! You are so ready!! Good Luck to you!!

Ironman By Thirty said...

Good luck!!! I wish Cedar Point and IMWI weren't on the same weekend so that I could do both! :)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Be sure to have a blister prevention program. (Probably because it is so fresh on my mind and left foot)

Unknown said...

Great numbers -- especially the bike -- WOW!!

Make sure to pack a jacket b/c those temps look cool (-:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good luck this weekend

Kristin Bradfield said...

Best of luck!

Erin said...

Packing isn't that terrible. The only bad part is that you end up with an extra suitcase full of triathlon stuff. Or at least that was my experience for Boise. But you're on Southwest, so it will be fine!!!

You've been doing great - I can't wait to hear how you did. Good luck!

Bill said...

Amazing numbers. You're good to go. Best of luck.