Saturday, September 11, 2010

Let's Go Racing!

A short 8 hours from now I will be getting body marked and doing all my last minute race preparations -- checking tires, filling bottles, nervous pacing and the like -- I can't believe that race day is upon us!

We have really enjoyed our time in Ohio and especially family night at Cedar Point. I have lots of stories to share but those will have to wait for the post race report. Blogging from a blackberry is a wee bit challenging!

If you want to follow me on race day, you can do the following:

1. Go to http://www.rev3tri.com/ and look for race day coverage. There should be a link for athlete tracking where you can enter my race number - 429 - and follow my splits through out the day.


2. I will be wearing a Trakkers device that should allow you to see where I am at any point on the bike or run course (I will not be wearing it during the swim).

Go to http://live.trakkersgps.com/events.aspx and click on "Watch Live". This will pull up a separate window with an icon (avatar) associated with my name. Once you select my name, click on “Go” at the bottom right corner of the page.

This will pull up the course map and my LIVE GPS coordinates. (Note this page is not active until race start.) You can utilize the zoom and pan functions on the left to follow my progression. You can also view the course using the different view buttons on the top right.

If you are tracking me from a smart phone, use the link below for the mobile Trakkers site:
http://live.trakkersgps.com/TrackEvent/Default.aspx?eventId=42

If for some reason my tracking device is not tracking, default to option 1 above.

Good night and thank you for all of your support!

p.s. I love you, Iron Sherpa and thank you for everything!

2 comments:

KCWoodhead said...

Good Luck!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Unknown said...

Good luck and have fun!