Sunday, March 25, 2012

Virtual Run Across America

Starting at midnight tonight, Rev3 will start its Run Across America to raise $100,000 for the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults.

I am not able to take three weeks off of work to complete the entire run, but I still want to be a big part of the experience. I am going to do that in three big ways ...

1 - I have a goal to raise $1000 towards the $100,000 goal
2 - I am going to join the crew for two days of running in Tennessee
3 - I will run 315 miles in 21 days (roughly what I would personally run if I was able to run with them from CA to DC)

Have you been touched by cancer? For most of us, there is usually not more than 2 degrees of separation to cancer ... and cancer in young adults is especially heart breaking. Running an average of 15 miles a day over 3 weeks will hurt, but it is nothing compared to those that are fighting for their lives. Please consider making a donation to support this cause. Every dollar raised helps YOUNG PEOPLE with cancer and every single dollar counts.

I have done a lot of training and racing over the last five years but this is the first time I am asking for help in raising money for what I think is a very worthy cause. Will you consider making a small donation, even $1? If so, please follow this link and when you finalize the donation on the second page, please select my name as the Rev3 team member.

Thank you for your consideration!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

That is a lot of miles in a short amount of time. Be careful! And good luck!

Kiersten said...

You rock!!!! Good luck on your journey