Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Equivalent of the Party Foul ...

What do you call a faux pas or party foul in the workout world? Let's call it a Training Foul and I had one this week ...

Tuesday morning I was supposed to get up at 4:40 to be ready to run with Mark by 5:10. Well, I woke up and my clock read 5:36. Crap! I ran to grab my phone and sure enough I had 3 text messages from Mark. The ultimate Training Foul, I overslept on my training partner who drove 20 minutes to run with me!

I accidentally set my alarm for 4:40 p.m. instead of a.m. -- not the first time I have made this mistake, but I will definitely be more careful from now on (especially when someone is waiting for me)! The good news is that since it was not too late, I still managed to run 5 miles that morning before work. It was a great run despite the cold (I was running in my super warm and soft Nike top Allie sent for Christmas - thanks, Allie!).

Mark was so nice about the whole thing and even came over on Thursday without harassing me about setting my alarm correctly. I also told him next time he should ring the bell or call but he didn't want to wake anyone else.

No comments: