Sunday, September 28, 2008

ONE WEEK!

I can't believe race day is one week away! I am excited and nervous / anxious / scared. I keep telling myself that I have logged the hours and the miles and that I am ready. This is a personal journey and I will be telling myself over and over again on race day to just swim, bike and run my own race.

I looked at my race logs to remind myself how far I have come - I just finished my 23rd week of training and have logged the following:

Total Hours: 166.72
Total Running Miles: 435.63
Total Biking Miles: 1189.35

Weekly Average:
Hours: 7.25
Running Miles: 18.94
Biking Miles: 51.71

My understanding is that Athlete Tracking will be available at www.ironman.com -- I will try to update the blog with additional details as I learn more.

I couldn't end this post without saying thank you. Douglas, thank you for your endless love and support - without you this journey would not have been possible. To my boys who help me keep things in perspective. To our parents who take every opportunity to brag about me to everyone they know (and even people that they don't know!) To my friends and co-workers who generally think that I am crazy and humor me by listening to me talk endlessly about training. My training buddy Mark who logged countless bike and running miles with me and made the training hours go by that much faster. And of course, thank you to all of you on the other side of the computer for being a part of this journey.

3 comments:

Allie said...

Good luck on Sunday! I know you will do great! I will be thinking about you and rooting you on!

Doug Moore said...

You're awesome baby! I am so proud of you!

Paige said...

Knock 'em dead, Anne! I know you will do as great as you do on everything you put your mind to completing.