Sunday, December 20, 2009

Recovery Week

Ahhh ... recovery week. I would have loved to do some swimming or biking this week, but I just couldn't find the time and I didn't want to break my no doubles rule this month. I find it funny that I couldn't find the time, when in reality, that really means, it just wasn't as important to me this week as was sleeping in, the demands of my job and Christmas shopping! I really am trying to take this off season stuff seriously!

I am looking forward to having some time off from work in the upcoming weeks so my big running weeks won't feel so demanding. I have also not been as respectful to my body as I should be -- no stretching, foam rollering or PT this week. I am working on my resolutions for 2010 and this will definitely by one of them. You have to take care of the body that works so hard to deliver the results you demand from it. My training resolutions for 2010 will definitely center around that theme.

Mileage for Week Ending 12/20/09
Swim: 0 yards in 0:00
Bike: 0 miles in 0:00
Run: 38 miles in 5:45 [4 workouts]
Total Time: 5:45

6 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I'm being more serious about downtime than you are and it shows, or at least in today's ride it did.
Enjoy your time off and have a great holiday.

Unknown said...

I'm with you on being more respectful to my body with stretching, etc...I might join you in that goal for 2010!

Enjoy the "off" time and have a great Christmas with the men!!

Mike Russell said...

Just wait for January -- it will be a great month for you I am sure. Good luck on determining your goals for 2010!

Kristin Bradfield said...

It's so great that you're enjoying the offseason. Even with an injury I resisted it for so long that by the time I was mentally into it I was just weeks from starting back up! I'm already looking forward to my '10 offseason :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Enjoy the downtime and the holidays

rhino said...

38 miles of running during a recovery week---you are a super stud!!