Saturday, October 31, 2009

One Week

I woke up this morning at 7:00 a.m. and as I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready for my bike ride I had a realization ... that exactly one week from that very moment I would be getting into the Gulf of Mexico to complete this journey.

A journey, that fittingly, started nearly a year ago (November 2) when I registered for IMFL. I remember shaking with nervousness when trying to register, not fearful of what I was about to embark upon, but fearful that I would not get into the race!

So, with my last workout of the week behind me (Sunday is a rest day), it is with great pleasure that I look at my training plan and see only one thing left on my schedule -- RACE WEEK!

Mileage for Week Ending 11/01/09
Swim: 6800 yards in 3:00 [2 workouts]
Bike: 80 miles in 4:45 [4 workouts, 2 bricks]
Run: 22.6 miles in 3:18 [5 workouts, 2 bricks]
Total Time: 11:03

In keeping with the theme of mental preparation, I took a look at my log totals to remind myself that I have logged the miles, followed the plan and I am ready!

In the year since registration, I have:

Logged 305,026 yards or 173.3 miles in my Speedo.
Spun 3742.5 miles on my wheels.
and
Run 1,538 miles in my New Balance

I am ready!

3 comments:

Trishie said...

you ARE ready and you are going to rock Florida !

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I dont know.... I think you are 2 swim workouts short.... Just kidding. You kicked my arse in the training dept. I'm jealous.
But if I trained like you, then I wouldn't be the One Hour Ironman...

Allie said...

Good luck Anne! I know you will do great! Enjoy your birthday tomorrow! :)